Although my coach was nice enough to allow me 3 days off for the day before my wedding , the day of my actual wedding and one more day of rest the following day after my wedding, but on day 2 of my 5 day mini-moon I had to resume training. I did not have any track workouts, however, I still had to train instead of playing alllll day! 30 minute runs with one 60 minute run, they were runs none the less. Greatest thing about that was I got to go on my first run with Louis as husband and wife on the beach!
While I am grateful for the opportunity to spend that time with my husband immediately following my wedding, I am really looking forward to spending time with him without a run looming in the back of my mind. That’s why we planned an extensive mini-moon to New Zealand!! We will be spending a full 3 weeks touring the entire North and South Island of beautiful New Zealand via the Magic Bus. What’s the Magic bus you ask? It’s a bus touring company that is partnered with YHA, the youth hostels association, that allows you to plan a trip without worrying about how you are getting from point to point or where you are going to stay when you get there! The greatest part about it… You can wing it and stay at any destination as long as you’d like, just tell your representative the night before and they will reserve a hostel for you at your next destination and also a seat on the bus that comes every morning so you can get there! I am so excited I’ll have to show you a map of all the spots we plan on touring in a future note, but I can’t tell you our schedule because we don’t have one! Spontaneity.
Before we depart on Wed, Sept 28. I still have a few things to take care of in the United States of America! One of those things happen to be the 5th avenue Road Mile in New York City on Saturday, September 24, 2011. So here I sit in Manhattan on this muggy and foggy Thursday afternoon of September 22 awaiting my run with the amazing, Sally Kipyego whom I am meeting in 2 minutes. 2 minutes!!! Oh snap, I gotta go! Central Park here we come!